VigilEnt Security Manager 4.x
VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows 3.x
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager Agent for Windows 5.0
Results of 'Audit Policies in Effect' report are showing 'Access Denied'.
The VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows service account, monitoring the target machine, has insufficient priviledges. The service account must be a Domain Admin in the same domain as the target machine.
Follow the steps below to change the VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows service account:
- Click Start | Programs | Administrative Tools | Services, to launch the 'Services MMC'.
- Select the VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows service, right-click and select Stop.
- After the service has been stopped, right-click and select Properties.
- Select the 'Log On' tab and change the user account and password information in the 'This account:' and'Password:'fieldsto a Domain Admin account.
- Click Apply.
- Select the 'General 'tab and click Start under the 'Service status:' section.
- Click OK.