Can the NetIQ DRA Agent service on one domain controller be disabled?
Directory and Resource Administrator 6.x
Directory and Resource Administrator 7.x
The NetIQ Directory and Resource Administrator (DRA) Agent service can be disabled on an individual domain controller. However, this is not recommended as the last logon statistics will not be accurate. In addition, any Assistant Admins authenticated by this particular domain controller will not be directed to a Directory and Resource Administrator server and will instead have to specify the name of the server to connect.
To disable the NetIQ DRA Agent service on a particular domain controller, please perform the following steps:
- On the DRA server, launch the Command Prompt.
- Connect to the installation directory (typically \program files\NetIQ\DRA).
- Type EAAgentUtil /UNREGISTER domain_controller_name domain_name \\ Dra_servername and select Enter.
- After the agent service has successfully been unregistered, launch the Service applet on the domain controller.
- Select and double-click the NetIQ DRA Agent service.
- In the Startup type field select Disabled.
- In the Services startup field click Stop.
The NetIQ DRA Agent service will be restarted the next time the MCS OnePoint Administration Server service (DRA 6.x)/NetIQ Administration Service (DRA 7.x) is started.