What are the rules concerning adding servers to groups?
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.5
VigilEnt Security Manager 2.x
VigilEnt Security Manager 3.x
VigilEnt Security Manager 4.x
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.0
Several rules apply to the forest of server groups:
- A server can belong to many trees, but can only be a member of one group in any given tree.
- A group can contain both servers and other groups.
- Group names are unique and can exist only once in the entire forest.
- A server can be added to or removed from a group at any time.
- A group can be removed from another group at any time.
There are several default server groups. These default server groups cannot be moved or deleted. In addition to these default server groups, you can create other server groups. The server groups are nested, which means that you can have groups within groups. Nested server groups let you define different models of your company?s structure by setting up various top-level server groups. Each of these top-level groups represents one view of your organization, such as organizational hierarchy, physical location of machines, or type of service the machines perform.