How do I define a Primary Domain Controller if I want to run domain and machine reports?
VigilEnt Security Manager 2.x
VigilEnt Security Manager 3.x
To run reports or perform corrective actions on a machine, you must first ?add? the server to the VigilEnt Security Manager (VSM) console. Adding a server lets the VigilEnt Core Services service know what agent and ports relate to the server. After defining the server in VigilEnt Security Manager (VSM), you can change the server's properties if its IP address changes, or if you want to change the port on which the server's agent (or proxy agent) communicates.
Please note the following when defining a Primary Domain Controller in VSM:
- If the Primary Domain Controller is defined as a Windows Machine in the OS Type field of the Add Server window, the NETBIOS name or the correct IP address for that PDC machine must be entered.
- If the Primary Domain Controller is defined as a Windows Domain in the OS Type field of the Add Server window, an alias should be used for the Name IF the PDC has already been defined in VSM as a machine. If it has not already been defined as a machine in VSM, then the NETBIOS name should be used.
- If a server OS Type is defined as a Windows Domain, an IP address is required by the VSM GUI; however, the IP address in this case will be ignored. To receive domain reports as well as machine reports, target each of these servers in VSM when running the report.
To Add a Server or Change Server Properties :
- Choose the appropriate option:
- If you are adding a server, right-click Servers and select Add Server. The Add Server dialog box is displayed.
- If you are changing server properties, right-click the server whose properties you want to change and select Properties. The Server Properties dialog box is displayed.
the agent is currently offline, its name will appear in red.