How do I log in from a remote GUI ?
How do I log in from a console installed on a remote machine?
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.5
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.0
VigilEnt Security Manager 3.0 SR2
VigilEnt Security Manager 4.x
For VSM: In VigilEnt Security Manager Options, enter the name and IP address of the server where VigilEnt Core Services (or VigilEnt Security Server for version 4.0 and later) is installed.
For Vulnerability Manager (VM): On the logon dialogue box, click the configure button. In the field for Core Services, use the drop down arrow or type the name of the server where Netiq Core Services is installed. Use the Lookup button to populate the Ip Address field.
The user logged in on the machine with the GUI must either be made a local administrator on the core services machine or be a member of the VigilEnt_Users group on the machine where Core Services is installed. For information on how to make a user a local administrator, see the following knowledge base article:
To add a user to the VigilEnt_Users group, follow these steps:
- Go to Start | Settings | Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Computer Management.
- Expand Local Users and Groups.
- Click Groups.
- Select the VigilEnt_Users group.
- Right click and select Properties.
- In the VigilEnt_Users Properties window, click the Add button.
- In the blank the says Look In, use the drop-down arrow to select the domain where the user that is logging in from the remote GUI is a member.
- Select the user from the list.
- Click the Add button and click OK.