NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.0
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.5
VigilEnt Security Manager 4.x
VigilEnt Security Manager 3.x
VigilEnt Security Manager 2.x
Error: 'VSS: there are no valid product license keys present' when entering new license key.
Error message is displayed when entering a permanent license key.
This error occurs because one of the following services needs to be stopped and restarted after entering a new license key:
- Netiq Core Services (NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.0 or later)
- VigilEnt Security Server (VigilEnt Security Manager 4.0 or later)
- VigilEnt Core Services (VigilEnt Security Manager 3.x and earlier)
This error also occurs if there is a space or non-standard character at the end of the license string.
To stop and restart the appropriate service:
- Open Services from the Microsoft Windows Control Panel.
- Locate Netiq Core Services, VigilEnt Security Server, or VigilEntCore Services (as indicated above).
- Right-click the service and select Stop and then Start.
To check the license string for non-standard characters:
- To view the license key:
- VigilEnt Security Manager 4.0 or earlier: Go to VigilEnt Security Manager Configuration Utility | Settings | License key.
- NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.0: Go to Vulnerability Manager|Core Services Configuration Utility|License keys.
- Use the drop-down arrow to see what has been saved.