How do I add multiple agents to a single machine?
VigilEnt Security Manager 2.X
VigilEnt Security Manager 3.X
VigilEnt Security Manager 4.X
Administrators can add multiple agents to one physical machine (e.g., machine_nt and machine_iis). The servers' names must be different, but their IP addresses will be the same.
When adding the second agent, follow these steps:
- If the IP address of the physical machine is known, enter it in the IP Address field.
- Find the machine's IP address by entering the physical machine name in the Name field.
- Click Lookup to find the machine's IP address.
- Change the machine name in the Name field and OS type in the OS type field for the second agent.
- Click Apply to add another agent and following the steps above or click OK to exit.