How do I install a license key remotely for VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows?
VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows 3.0
VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows 3.1
VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows 3.2
The license key for both the agent and the Detect Service are delivered with an .ini file for remote installation.
To install the license to a remote host:
- Install the Remote Deployment Wizard on the local machine.
- Browse to the \Program Files\PentaSafe\RInstall directory.
- In this directory, create a sub-directory named Audit & Secure License. If you also plan to install the Detect Service remotely also, create another sub-directory named DetectLicense.
- Copy the install.ini files for the Audit and Secure Service and the Detect Service into their respective directories.
- Use the Remote Deployment Wizard to install the Audit and Secure Service license key and Detect Service license key as you are installing those services on remote machines. After copying the install.ini files into their respective directories, check boxes for each license key appear in the Select Software Components to Install on Target Computers dialog box in the Remote Deployment Wizard.
The .ini files must be named ?install.ini? for the license key to be installed. If these files have a different name when you receive them, you can rename them once you have copied them to the appropriate sub-directory.
NOTE: If 'Hide file extensions for known file types' is selected in Windows Explorer the file can potentially end up with the name install.ini.ini and will not work properly.
An .ini file must be installed for each service on each computer on which the agent and Detect Services are installed. The procedures below must be followed precisely for the licensing installation, and ultimately the software installation, to succeed.
For information on how to install a license key locally refer to the following knowledge base article.