What is the Microsoft Patch Level Query report?
VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows 4.0
VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows 3.2
VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows 3.1
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager Agent for Windows 5.0
This is an exception report that analyzes a computer or group of computers to determine which Microsoft-supported products are installed. The report then provides a list of all known patches for these products that have not been installed. The report can be sorted by product, service pack, patch name, or it can provide a list of all known patches for supported products.
This report checks for patches for the following Microsoft products:
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0, Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0, Terminal Server Addition
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Datacenter Server
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Professional
- Microsoft Internet Information Server 3.0
- Microsoft Internet Information Server 4.0
- Microsoft Internet Information Services 5.0
- Microsoft Indexing Services for Windows 2000
- Microsoft Windows Media Services 4.0
- Microsoft Windows Media Services 4.1
- Microsoft Windows Media Encoder 4.0
- Microsoft Windows Media Encoder 4.1
- Microsoft SQL Server 7.0
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5
- Microsoft Systems Management Server 1.2
- Microsoft Systems Management Server 2.0
- Microsoft ISA Server 2000
This report can be run by proxy on all computers within a domain/group on which agent software is installed.
- Report Scope - Domain and Machine.
- Input Parameters QUERY: (Required) Select the type of query:
- LIST OF ALL KNOWN PATCHES
- SORT BY PATCH NAME
- SORT BY PRODUCT
- SORT BY SERVICE PACK
- Returned Data:
- Product Name - the name of the product assigned by Microsoft.
- Service Pack Name - the name of the service pack as assigned by Microsoft.
- Patch Name - the name of an executable file which is used by Microsoft to install a patch.
- Number of Bulletin - the identification number of the document that includes information about the patch or service pack.
- Actions - None.
All computers running Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 that host the agent software must have Microsoft Data Access Component (MDAC) 2.5 loaded in order to run this report. MDAC 2.5 is available on the installation CD in the Thirdparty directory.
To ensure that this report returns accurate information, it is recommended that you obtain the latest patch database before running the report. Contact NetIQ Technical Support for more information.