How do I change the default remote deployment port for the VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows?
VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows 3.x
Remote deployment automatically uses port 700 when deploying software. However, if the port is already in use, a port conflict occurs. You may change the port number using the steps below.
For the local computer:
- Open the Registry Editor.
- Add a new registry key, named Loader, in the following location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PENTASAFE\LOADER.
- Add a new Value Name named PortNumber.
- Define the new value as DWORD.
- Type the desired value for the port in this new key.
For the remote computer:
- Open the install.ini file in the C:\Program Files\Pentasafe\RInstall\ directory.
- Change the value (700) in line 22, "RegKeyValue=700," to the port number you want to use during remote installation.
Both computers must have the same port setting for the remote deployment software to function properly.