How do I update the Patch Level Checker?
VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows 3.1
VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows 3.2
An updated database file is obtained via download from the Support section of NetIQ.com (https://www.netiq.com/support/vsa/default.asp). The file is in Microsoft Access database format (.mdb), and contains information about patches by product and operating system.
Note: This file must be updated on all machines that run the VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows.
To update the Microsoft Patch Level Checker database, perform the following steps:
- Download the latest database update from NetIQ.com and save the updated database to a temporary location.
- Go to Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Services. Stop the VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows service.
- Navigate to the directory where the VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows is installed. (The default location is
- If desired, back up the old database by renaming it with a file extension of
- Move the updated
patchhotfix.mdbfile downloaded from NetIQ.com to the
\Pentasafe\VSANTdirectory. The Patch Level Checker will use the current
patchhotfix.mdbfile in this directory.
- Restart the VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows service.
The Microsoft Patch Level Query report will now compare installed patches against the updated list.