VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows 3.x
VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows 4.0
Access Denied error occurs when running Windows reports.
Error: 'Access Denied'.
DCOM permissions are not set properly.
To set the proper DCOM permissions, follow these steps on the machine hosting the VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows:
- Click Start | Run and type CMD .
- At the command prompt, type dcomcnfg .
- Once the DCOM configuration box opens, select the Default Security tab.
- Select Edit Default in Default Access permissions.
- Click Add.
- Select the user account that is the Logon As: account for the VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows service. To find the user account that is currently specified as the Logon As: account for this service:
- Open the Services Control Manager.
- Right-click the VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows service and select Properties.
- Click the Log On tab.
- The user account specified in This account: is the account you should select in the Default Access permissions of the DCOM configuration.
- Click Apply and OK.