How do I install permanent license codes for VigilEnt Security Agent for Netware?
VigilEnt Security Agent for Netware 1.2
VigilEnt Security Agent for Netware 1.3
VigilEnt Security Agent for Netware 1.1
To install the permanent license code, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the
- Locate the key file and open it in a text editor.
- Replace the temporary key (all characters that appear in the file) with the permanent key, and then press Enter to insert a carriage return.
- Save the key file and close the text editor.
- If you are running the VigilEnt Security Manager (VSM) connection service, stop the service by following the steps provided further below.
- Stop all other programs that are running, log off, and then log back in. VigilEnt Security Agent for Netware activates the permanent license key the next time the connection service is started or the run program is executed.
- Completely remove the temporary key from the key file. If this is not done, the permanent key may not function properly.
To stop the connection service, follow these steps:
- Make the command window that contains the VSM communications service (
up.bat) the active window by clicking anywhere in the window.
- Press CTRL-C.
- Press Y, and then Enter to verify that you want to terminate the batch job.
- Exit the command window by typing
exitat the prompt by and pressing Enter.
If you need a permanent license key, contact your Sales Representative.
You must completely remove the temporary key from the key file, otherwise the permanent key may not function properly.