VigilEnt Security Agent for AS/400 5.2/6.2
VigilEnt Security Agent for AS/400 5.3/6.3
All users are unable to sign on.
PentaSafe Libraries were deleted instead of uninstalled.
For versions 6.2 and 6.3, Exit Programs must be removed and some host servers and a subsystem must be cycled. Following these steps:
- From a Command Line, type WRKREGINF and press Enter. In the "Opt" field put an "8" in front of ALL exit points. Slowly press Enter to page through all of the exit points to display any exit programs associated with them. For any exit point that has an exit program beginning with the letters AACL in library QGPL, delete the exit program using Option 4. Be very careful not to delete any other exit programs. Go through the entire list of exit points to be sure all of the AACL* exit programs are removed.
- End file host server using Command: ENDHOSTSVR *FILE, press Enter.
- End database host server using Command: ENDHOSTSVR *DATABASE, press Enter.
- End subsystem QSERVER using the ENDSBS command. This will end jobs in the subsystem but it is a required step.
- Start subsystem QSERVER using the STRSBS command.
- Start *FILE& *DATABASE host servers using the STRHOSTSVR command.
- Next confirm that Network Attributes have the proper values.
Installation of Exit Programs changes two network attributes. If the PentaSafe product and/or libraries are removed, be sure to do the following step.
Display Network Attributes (DSPNETA) to verify that "DDM Request Access" and "Client Request Access" are both set to *OBJAUT. Change them if necessary using CHGNETA command.
NOTE: In some cases it may be necessary to cycle TCP/IP (ENDTCP and then STRTCP). The ENDTCP command should be done after the host servers are ended and before QSERVER subsystem is ended. The STRTCP command should be done after QSERVER subsystem is restarted and before the host servers are restarted.