VigilEnt Security Agent for iSeries 5.4/7.0
Remote Request Management (RRM) 7.0
Remote Request Management is sending reject entry messages to users but they are not in the 'Work With Collected Entries' list.
Complete the following steps to resolve:
- Select Remote Request Management Option 30.
- Select Option 1 Work with Exit Programs.
- In the EXIT PROGRAM column, confirm
- In the REMARKS field, the status should be Secured by PentaSafe indicating PentaSafe's exit program is in place, as opposed to a custom program.
- If exit programs need to be added, use Option 1 in front of the first exit point, and press F13 to repeat this for all exit points or place a one (1) in front of the exit points where programs are to be installed, and press Enter. Use F5 to refresh the view.
- Cycle Remote Servers using Manage RRM Menu Option 3.
- Is the Collection Monitor running? Select Option 5 Start/Stop RRM Collection Monitor. If the status is
INACTIVE, press Enter to start (the Action field is pre-set with value to change the status). Remember that this monitor must be running at all times unless the iSeries machine is in a restricted state.
Make sure the Collection status is as desired. From the RRM Main Menu, complete the following steps:
- Select Option 8 Work With Exit Points.
- Select F11 to change the view and check Collection Mode. It must be set to something other than
*NONE. Use F1 for Help with available settings.
*All= All incoming entries are collected.
*None= No incoming entries are collected.
*Reject= Rejected entries only are collected.
*UnsecuredÂ = Unsecured entries only are collected.
UNSECUREDentries are those that fail due to having no rule in place that allows them to go through.