Security Solutions for iSeries
Remote Request Management RRM
From a command line, follow these steps:
- Type PSMENU, and press Enter.
- Select Option 2 PSSecure, and press Enter.
- Select Option 3 Remote Request Management, and press Enter.
- Select Option 30 Manage RRM, and press Enter.
- Select Option 10 Work With User/MsgQ Alerts. Use F6 to add new entry.
- Alert Type should be *USRPRF (*MSGQ can be used if preferred).
- Enter the profile for the user to be notified. Library is not required/allowed for *USRPRF type alerts. When adding a *MSGQ type alert, if the library field is left blank, it will fill in *LIBL, which will work fine, or the specific library for the Message Queue may be used.
- Use Option 9 Work With RRM Defaults, change "Alert" value to *MSGQ unless PSDetect is being used (it will require additional set up).
Note: Messages for Rejected Entries will start once exit points are "Secured", thus enforcing security. The Collection Monitor must also be running.