VigilEnt Security Agent for iSeries 5.4/7.0
E-mails are received for the 'Omit Messages' filter, even though PSDETECT is configured only to send 'Select Messages'.
PSDETECT is configured to send an e-mail for only 'Select Messages'.
In PSDETECT, two filters are configured, one for 'Select Messages' and one for 'Omit Messages', with an action to e-mail selected messages.
When creating a filter to Omit a specific Message ID, for example "CPA3387 Device &4 not available. (C R)", a value must be specified for the variable, &4. Otherwise, the system will not know which device it should be omitting. So, putting &4 as the Variable Number and PRT01 (for this example)Â for "Equal To Compare Data", the system will now omit any messages with PRT01 in it.
Follow these steps to set the Variable Number and PRT01:
- Type PSMENU on the Command Line, press Enter.
- Select Option 3 PSDETECT, and press Enter.
- Select Option 3 Work With Alert Filter, and press Enter.
- Choose Option 5=Work with Filters next to the AlertÂ Queue involved, and press Enter.
- Choose Option 5=Work with Filter Details next to the filter involved, and press Enter.
- Choose Option 8=Compare Data Variables next to the MSG ID involved, and press Enter.
- Change the Equal to Compare Data as appropriate for your situation, and press Enter.