VigilEnt Security Agent for iSeries 5.4/7.0
Error message received in the QSYSOPR message queue every time PSDetect sends an alert to a pager.
Error: 'A parity error or stop bit error detected while communicating with device ZPSD at location ZPSD.'
This is due to a mismatch between the PSD configuration and the configuration on the service provider.
Contact your service provider and obtain the information for the Parity, Data bits and Stop bits configuration on their modem.
From the PSDetect Main Menu:
- Select Option 11 PSDetect Action Setup Menu, press Enter.
- Select Option 1 Work With Service Providers, press Enter.
- Insert 2=Change in the OPT field next to the Service Provider you are using and press Enter.
- Enter the Parity, Data bits and Stop bits information from the Service Provider in the matching fields and press Enter.
- Generate the alert again to confirm that the values resolve the issue.