How do I install or upgrade VigilEnt Security Agent for AS/400 5.3/6.3?
VigilEnt Security Agent for AS/400 5.2/6.2
VigilEnt Security Agent for AS/400 5.3/6.3
Follow these steps to install AS/400, version 5.3/6.3 (includes steps to upgrade from 5.2/6.2).
Note:Â Exit Programs must be removed before upgrading from version 5.2/6.2 to 5.3/6.3. Following are the steps to remove them:
- Use command,
- Select Option 2,
- Select Option 3,
Remote Request Management.
- Select Option 7,
Remove allÂ VigilEnt exit programs.
- Select Option 8,
Restart *File and *Database Servers and restart subsystem Qserver(if on IBM OS V5R1, prestart jobs in QUSRWRK subsystem must be ended as well).
- Exit from theÂ VigilEnt product.
- Sign on with a profile having
*SECADM, Special Authority.
- Verify that system value,
QALWOBJRST, specifies either
- Load the media in the appropriate AS/400 drive.
- Type the following on an AS/400 command line:
RSTLICPGM 1PSI001 OPT*
- When theÂ VigilEnt installation program is restored the following message is displayed:
*PGM OBJECTS FOR PRODUCT 1PSI001 OPTIN *BASE RELEASE V1R1M0 RESTORED'
PSINSTALLon the command line and press Enter.
- Review the Software Agreement and accept or reject it.
- If upgrading, and a screen is displayed that shows jobs currently running, cancel the jobs by typing
F4=End Jobbeside each job.
- If the installation program detects RRM exit programs, enter a reply of Y to remove them and cycle the
*DATABASEservers and restart Qserver subsystem (this will occur if the Exit Programs were not manually removed as noted in the steps above).
- Type the device name to be used to install and press Enter.
- Select the products to be installed by typing
1=Install Productand press Enter.
- Confirm the intention to install the products selected by pressing Enter.
- CUM PTF can be applied when the upgrade/install completes unless there is a subsequent upgrade to be done next, such as to 5.4/7.0 in which case, only the CUM for the newest version (5.4/7.0 as of June 2002) need be applied.