VigilEnt Security Agent for AS/400 5.3/6.3
PentaSafe exit programs (RRM Option 7) were removed and servers were cycled (RRM Opt 8), but an error indicates the exit programs exist.
My apply of AS/400 CUM PTF01109-1 (or 0227-1) is not working.
For 5.3/6.3, the portion of the apply that checks to be sure the exit programs have been removed, is looking at the exit points PentaSafe controls (see file PSCOMMON/AAPFEXT for list), but is not distinguishing PentaSafe programs from other programs (in-house or third party vendor, non-IBM) that may be in place.
It is necessary to remove the exit programs before the CUM PTF will apply. Follow these steps to complete this:
- Remove the third party (non-IBM) exit programs that are in place on any of the exit points listed in the file,
PSCOMMON/AAPFEXT. Use the
WRKREGINFcommand to accomplish this.
- Use RRM Option 7 to remove the PentaSafe exit programs.
- Use RRM Option 8 to cycle the two host servers noted and
- Apply the CUM PTF.
- Confirm that the application is successful (follow instructions provided with the CUM CD).
- Put in-house/third party exit programs back on if the intention is to continue using them. Use the
WRKREGINFcommand again to accomplish this.
- Use RRM Option 6 to add the PentaSafe exit programs and use RRM Option 8 to cycle once more.
Note: If the PentaSafe programs were removed, the CUM apply attempted, and then in-house/third party exit programs were discovered, remove them to go forward (remember to check the file for the list of exits involved). If they are attached to any of these exit points, remove them using the
- Again, cycle the
*DATABASEhost servers and
QSERVERsubsystem using RRM Option 8 before attempting the CUM apply again.
- Once the CUM is successfully applied, put third party exit programs back on, install the PentaSafe exit programs (RRM Option 6), and cycle again using RRM Option 8. It is important to install the exit programs in this order so PentaSafe programs are not added on the exit points where third party programs are intended.