VigilEnt Security Agent for iSeries 5.4/7.0
VigilEnt Security Agent for AS/400 5.3/6.3
VigilEnt Security Agent for AS/400 5.2/6.2
VigilEnt Security Agent for AS/400 5.1/6.1
Error: 'Not authorized to start subsystems.'
Error occurs when running the start up program on the AS/400 after IPL.
The user profile that is running the start up program does not have authority to start the VigilEnt subsystems.
The user profile must have
*JOBCTL special authority and have
*USE object authority to the subsystem.
To give the user profile
*USE object authority to the subsystem follow these steps:
- On an AS/400 command line type
EDTOBJAUT, and press F4.
- In the Object field, indicate the subsystem.
- In the Library field, indicate the library that the subsystem is in.
- In the Object Type indicate
*SBSD, and press Enter.
- Press F6=Add new users and indicate the user profile and
*USEobject authority, and press Enter.
An alternative method is to authorize the user profile that is running the start up program to the VigilEnt product. However, granting a user authority to the VigilEnt product enables that user to do anything within the product itself.