How do I set password options in VigilEnt Policy Center?
VigilEnt Policy Center 2.0.5
VigilEnt Policy Center 2.0.6 SR3
VigilEnt Policy Center 2.1 SP2
VigilEnt Policy Center 2.1
VigilEnt Policy Center 2.1 SP3
VigilEnt Policy Center 2.1 SP4
VigilEnt Policy Center 2.1 SP6
Protecting a password is one of the simplest ways to prevent security breaches.Â Requiring users to create a password with multiple alphabetic and numeric characters, and having a short expiration date helps decrease the chance of unauthorized access to the system. Use the following steps to set the VigilEnt Policy Center password options.
- On the Administration tab, click Options, and click Passwords.
- Click the minimum number of characters in a password from the "Set the minimum password length to at least" drop-down list.
- Optional. Click the Require at least one character which is NOT a letter check box. The entered password must have at least one numeric character to be accepted.
- Optional. Click the Require at least 1 uppercase character check box. The entered password must have at least one uppercase character to be accepted.
- Set the life of the password by clicking one of the following options:
- Passwords Never Expire
- Passwords expire in X days where X is a number between 1 and 999
- Click Update.