How do I create a power user in VigilEnt Policy Center?
VigilEnt Policy Center 2.1
VigilEnt Policy Center 2.1 SP2
VigilEnt Policy Center 2.1 SP3
VigilEnt Policy Center 2.1 SP4
VigilEnt Policy Center 2.1 SP6
Use the following steps to create a power user account:
Note: The user repository must be set up before an administrator can create any power users.
- On the Administration tab, click Options, and click User Repository.
- Click Power Users. The Power Users dialog box is displayed.
- Click Add. The User Selection dialog box is displayed, but is empty until search criteria is entered.
- Type a user ID or name in the Search for Users field, and click Search. Leave this field blank, and click Search to view all entered users.
- Click the desired users from the displayed list. To select more than one user, press the CTRL key, and select non-consecutive users. Press the SHIFT key, and select consecutive users.
- Click OK. All power users are displayed in the Power Users dialog box.
- Click OK.
VigilEnt Policy Center was designed with single administrator access for the best possible security. As a result, you can have only one administrator, but can have many ?power users.? A power user has some administrator access, but not all. A user logged on with a power user account cannot see the Administrator tab in the Administration Site, nor can the user see the Publish button for policy documents and quizzes. A power user can run reports and create policy documents and quizzes, but can change only those documents created by the same power user account. Reports run by the power user can be run only for those documents created by that account.