VigilEnt Policy Center 2.0
VigilEnt Policy Center 2.1
VigilEnt Policy Center 3.0
VigilEnt Policy Center 4.0
User(s) cannot see a policy or quiz in the User Site.
There are a few potential causes for this:
- Documents are expired.
- User does not have the proper access rights assigned.
- Documents do not have assigned ACL's.
- VigilEnt Policy Center was updated from version 1.1, and access rights were not added to existing policy documents and quizzes.
An administrator can set a user?s read and review access using the ACL option on the Administration tab. Once an access control list is created, simply add privileges when creating a new user or group. Perform the following steps to create a new ACL and set the default ACL to be applied to new items:
- On the Administration tab, click ACL to display the ACL page.
- Click Add. The Privilege dialog box is displayed.
- Type a name for the type of access in the Title field, and then click Add. The Privilege Entry dialog box is displayed.
- Click one of the following for the Consumer Type field:
- User ? Includes users dual user ID.
- Group ? Includes a defined group of users.
- Everyone ? Includes every user in the system.
- Type or search for an entry in the Consumer ID field.
- If 'Everyone' is selected in the Consumer Type field, Everyone is displayed in the Consumer ID field. The items in the Consumer ID lookup window correspond to the selection in the Consumer Type field.
- Use the Lookup button to search by user or group.
- Click the desired Consumer Rights, and then click OK. The Privilege dialog box displays.
- Click OK.
To set a default access control list follow these steps:
- On the Administration tab, click ACL. The ACL page displays.
- Click Options. The Access Control List Options dialog box displays.
- Apply the selected ACL to new items selected, and then click the desired ACL from the Default ACL drop-down list.
- Click Update.