What does the VSA-UÂ 4.0Â HotfixÂ 33198Â (4.0.3)Â do?Â
VigilEnt Security Agent for Unix 4.0
This Hotfix corrects an issue with the Utility Console patching mechanism and is a prerequisite for all subsequent Vigilent Security Agent (VSA)Â for UNIX 4.0 agent patches that are applied from the Utility Console. This hotfix can be downloaded at:
- Download the Hotfix to the Utility Console computer.
- Start the Utility Console.
- Click Manage Agents.
- Click HostsÂ | Patch Mgr.
- Click Load.
- Navigate to the Hotfix file, and then click OK.
- When 4.0.3 appears in the Patches Available list, click Close. Do not apply this patch to your agent computers.
- Click FileÂ | Exit.
- Click Yes.
- Restart the Utility Console. You must perform this step to initialize the updated patching mechanism.
- Download patch 4.0.4 (VSAU_4.0_Hotfix_33199.zip) and apply it to the agent computers using the provided installation instructions.
IMPORTANT NOTE: YOU MUST EXIT AND RESTART THE UTILITY CONSOLE AFTER LOADING THIS HOTFIX. After loading this Hotfix and restarting the Utility Console, download and apply patch 4.0.4 (VSAU_4.0_Hotfix_33199.zip).
For more information, see the NetIQ Knowledge Base Article:Â NETIQKB33199.