How do recover the VPC SQL Server Password
VigilEnt Policy Center 3.0
VigilEnt Policy Center 4.x
VigilEnt Policy Center 5.0
The VPC application uses a login account to MS SQL Server for database access. If the password changes, or you forget what this password is, refer to the following steps:
- Make a copy of the db.properties file. This file can be found in the <install directory>\server\shared\classes directory.
- Open the db.properties file in the Notepad editor.
- On the line that starts with default.Password= change all text following the first = symbol to jEFdIA2W5h4=
- The MS SQL Server database administrator must now change the password for the PentaSafe VPC database user to temppw. By default, this user ID is vpc_user. The name may have been changed during installation.
- Load the Service Manager and restart the VigilEnt Policy Center service.
- Log in to the VPC administrator site and select the Administration tab.
- Under the Options menu, select the Paswords tab.
- Change the database connection password using temppw as the current password to something else.