How do I turn on the Native logging in the VigilEnt Policy Center 2.1?
VigilEnt Policy Center 2.1x
To enable the debug logging for native access perform the following:
- Open the <Install Dir>\server\log4j.properties file in Notepad.
- Copy the line that contains: ?log4j.category.com.pentasafe.policy.util.database=INFO, logFile?
- Paste a copy of the line anywhere in the file and change it to look like the following (i.e. change ?database? to ?win32native?):
- Save the file.
- There is no need to restart the VPC service. Simply perform the problematic function.
- When you are finished collecting the logging data, remove or change the line that was just added to the log4j.properties file. Otherwise all native functions will continue to be logged, which can slow down performance and create a huge log file.
- Send the file <Install Dir>\server\logs\native.log to Tech support for analysis.