VigilEnt Security Manager 4.x
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.0
NetIQ Vulnerability Manager 5.5
ODBC Error: 'A data access error occurred (Error Code 0). General Network Error. Check your network documentation.' when attempting to login to the Console.
A data access error occurred (Error Code 0).
Error Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
Error information: [Microsoft] [ODBC SQL Server Driver] [Shared Memory] General network error. Check your network documentation.
The maximum concurrent user connections within SQL server have been exceeded.
To resolve the above error, increase the maximum concurrent user connections or set the number to unlimited on the SQL server where the VigilEnt database is installed. The following steps below outline how to increase this number:
- Launch 'SQL Server Enterprise Manager' by clicking Start | Programs | Microsoft SQL Server | Enterprise Manager.
- Within the SQL Server Group node, right-click the SQL server and select Properties.
- Click the Connections tab.
- Under 'Connections', change the Maximum concurrent user connections (0 = unlimited): to a larger number, or set it to 0.
- Click OK to accept the change.
- You will be prompted to restart the SQL Server Service. Click Yes to restart the service so that the change can take effect.