NetIQ Security Solutions for iSeries 8.1
VigilEnt Security Agent for iSeries 5.4/7.0
NetIQ Security Solutions for iSeries 8.0
VigilEnt Security Agent for iSeries 7.5
VigilEnt Security Agent for AS/400 5.3/6.3
RRM Plug-In for Operations Navigator 1.0
Important Technical Support and Upgrade Information for NetIQ VigilEnt Security Agent for iSeries Customers.
Currently Supported NetIQ VigilEnt Security Agent for iSeries and VigilEnt Security Agent for iSeries Releases and Platforms
NetIQ VigilEnt Security Agent for iSeries and VigilEnt Security Agent for iSeries Currently Supported IBM AS/400 Platforms
NetIQ VigilEnt Security Agent for iSeries and VigilEnt Security Agent for iSeries Client Support
The purpose of this knowledge base article is to update you on current NetIQ support policies as they relate to the PSAudit, PSSecure, PSDetect, and PSPassword Manager products.
- Please carefully read this technical support notice if you are currently running any version of NetIQ Security Solutions for iSeries other than v8.0 or v8.1.
- If you are currently running prior VigilEnt Security Agent for iSeries versions, and would like to continue to receive technical support, please make plans to upgrade to the current generally available release, NetIQ Security Solutions for iSeries v8.1promptly.
NetIQ Support Options
For the current generally available NetIQ Security Solutions for iSeries releases (NetIQ Security Solutions for iSeries v8.0 & v8.1), NetIQ provides two support options, based on your maintenance agreement, that allow you to choose the most appropriate level of support for your organization.
- Essential Care: Provides telephone support, eSupport, and four named contacts. eSupport features include access to the NetIQ Knowledge Base, Product Community Website, Online Customer Forums, and Notification Service, along with all product upgrades/updates. Essential Care is required with the initial purchase of all VigilEnt Security Agent for iSeries products.
- Premium Care: Includes all of the features of Essential Care with the addition of 24x7 support for critical issues, a designated toll-free number, ten named contacts, priority routing of issues, expedited support, and remote diagnostics.
For more details on Essential Care and Premium Care support levels, please go to https://www.netiq.com/support/plans.asp.
The level of technical support available for all NetIQ products varies depending upon the lifecycle phase that a product is in. The current support status information for each NetIQ product can be found on the NetIQ technical support website in the NetIQ Knowledge Base article NETIQKB8323.
For general available releases, such as the NetIQ Security Solutions for iSeries v8.0 & v8.1 NetIQ will provide:
- Essential or Premium Care support, based on the maintenance offering you select
- Maintenance releases, service packs, and/or hot fixes for the current generally available product release
- Support services that include, but are not limited to, Knowledge Base, online support, and phone support during business hours; 24x7 phone support is also available to Premium support plan customers
For previously available releases, NetIQ may offer limited support for an additional 12 months to answer usage questions only. Note that after a new version of a product is available, NetIQ will no longer actively develop new fixes or service packs for the previous release. Also note that NetIQ Technical Support reserves the right to request the customer upgrade to the current version of a product, and that current versions of a product are only available to those customers with a current support plan agreement.
If you have any questions about your current maintenance level, your maintenance expiration date, or any other maintenance-related questions or issues, please contact the NetIQ Customer Care Team at CustomerCareTeam@NetIQ.com.
When a new version of a product is made available, following the end of the published version support availability time period, NetIQ will no longer provide support for the previous version. NetIQ will continue to make Knowledge Base articles available for a period beyond this sunset date. Please note NetIQ will not accept support requests for products that have been withdrawn or for products available at no charge.
Currently Supported NetIQ Security Solutions for iSeries Releases and Platforms
This section details the currently supported NetIQ Security Solutions for iSeries product releases and supported IBM iSeries platforms and clients. For more information about the NetIQ Security Solutions for iSeries releases, see NetIQ Knowledge Base article: NETIQKB27787.
The following table indicates support provided for IBM iSeries platforms and clients:
NetIQ Security Solutions for iSeries Currently Supported IBM AS/400 Platforms
|IBM End of Support Date||05/31/00||05/31/00||05/31/00||05/31/00||01/31/01||12/31/02||09/30/05||04/30/07||TBA|
|NetIQ End of Support Date||09/30/03||09/30/03||09/30/93||09/30/03||12/31/03||12/31/03||09/30/06||04/30/08||TBA|
IBM iSeries Release Support: http://www-912.ibm.com/supporthome.nsf/document/29853352
NetIQ Security Solutions for iSeries Client Support
There are two NetIQ Security Solutions for iSeries components that depend on PC software:
- PSSecure Remote Request Management (RRM) iSeries Navigator plug-in
- Remote Request Management (RRM)
The PSSecure RRM iSeries Navigator plug-in requires the iSeries Operations Navigator or iSeries Navigator component of OS/400 iSeries/Client Access to interface with RRM on the connected host. The NetIQ Security Solutions for iSeries product supports version V5R1 or later of iSeries/Client Access.
RRM Secures Clients Running on Various PC-based Operating Systems
The currently supported clients are as follows:
|IBM End of Support Date||NetIQ End of Support Date|
|5763-XB1 DOS Extended||05/31/2000||09/15/2003|
|5763-XC1 Windows 3.1||05/31/2000||09/15/2003|
|5763-XF1 OS/2, 5763-XG1 OS/2 Optimized||05/31/2000||09/15/2003|
|5763-XD1 Client Access for Win 95/NT (when accessing a V4R3 or earlier host)||05/31/2000||09/15/2003|
|5763-XK1 Enhanced for Windows 3.1 (when accessing a V4R3 or earlier host)||05/31/2000||09/15/2003|
|5763-XD1 Client Access for Win 95/NT (when accessing a V4R4 or later host)||12/31/2002||12/31/2003|
|5763-XK1 Enhanced for Windows 3.1 (when accessing a V4R4 or later host)||12/31/2002||12/31/2003|
|5648-E25 WebSphere Host Publisher V3.5||11/30/2003||12.|
IBM iSeries Access End of Life Dates: http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/access/caendservice.htm
Please note that as a general rule, NetIQ products only support 3rd party product versions that are also currently supported by their vendors.
Contacting Technical SupportA key component of every complete business strategy is knowledgeable and responsive technical support. NetIQ offers two levels of annual technical support plans, Essential Care and Premium Care, with service levels to meet the needs of a wide range of customer organizations. To obtain technical support or provide comments about NetIQ products, go to the NetIQ Technical Support web site at https://www.netiq.com/support/contactinfo.asp. The following technical support resources are available to NetIQ customers with a current support plan:
- Online Support Resources: Available to all customers. The netiq.com web site delivers 24x7 access to online Knowledge Base articles, documentation and other problem-solving resources. These Web resources provide you with the quickest solution to the most common technical support issues. Customers with a current support plan may obtain further assistance by contacting Technical Support electronically or by telephone.
- eSupport: Only available to customers with a current support plan. (If you purchased your product from a NetIQ distributor, you may be asked to provide proof of purchase such as a copy of the purchase invoice or packing slip.) For non-urgent issues, we recommend you submit your request via the Service Request Manager also located in the 'Extended Support' section of the product specific support page. Choose the product you would like to submit a case against and enter the applicable information. Targeted response times are available based on support plan and severity.
- Telephone Support: Only available to customers with a current support plan or in the product's trial evaluation period. If you purchased your product from a NetIQ distributor, you may be asked to provide proof of purchase such as a copy of the purchase invoice or packing slip. NetIQ offers 24x7 pager support for high severity issues to customers with a Premium Care plan.