Group Policy Administrator 3.0
Microsoft Data Access Component 2.x
Error:'Report initialization failed' when attempting to run reports.
The above error message is caused if the DAO350.DLL used by MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components) is not registered correctly.
To resolve this issue, please perform the following steps:
- Search for the DAO350.DLL and note the path of the DLL (Typically located in the c:\program files\common files\Microsoft shared\dao\DAO350.DLL).
- Click Start | Run.
- Type regsvr32 "c:\path to file\DAO350.DLL" in the 'Open' field.
- Click OK. You should receive a successful registration message
After the DAO35.DLL has been successfully registered, users will be able to launch the Group Policy Administrator interface and run the Reports successfully.
Also, verify that there is only one version of u2fhtml.dll and exlate32.dll. Verify the version and location of the DLL, which should be as follows:
- Exlate32.dll (v188.8.131.52) default location - c:\Winnt\system32
- u2fhtml.dll (v184.108.40.206) default location - c:\Winnt\Crystal
If there are multiple versions of the above DLLs, rename all except the ones in the correct location. Renaming the DLLs and registering the DAO350.DLL will resolve the above error.