Domain Migration Administrator 7.x
E20848: Failed to save output file to store \\server\OnePointDMR$\computer8390299859.result, hr=800700f0 The session was cancelled.
E20848: Failed to save output file to store \\server\OnePointDMR$\computer3437384359.result, hr=80070040 The specified network name is no longer available.
The remote workstation has lost communication with the Domain Migration Administrator (DMA) console. This is typically a result of network resolution problems.
Please consult the following Micrsoft Knowledge Base article to troubleshoot network resolution:
325487 - How to Troubleshoot Network Connectivity Problems
Here are some additional troubleshooting steps:
- Verify that the WINS server used by the workstations has correct records for the DMA console.
- Perform some name resolution testing. Are all packets returned quickly and reliably when you ping the DMA console from the workstation? From the DMA console, when logged in with the same account that you were logged with to perform the migration, confirm that you can map a drive to the Admin$ share of the computer to be migrated.
- If WINS name resolution is slow or unreliable, consider adding a record for the DMA console to the LMHOSTS file on each workstation prior to migration, which will let it resolve the name locally and should be faster than resolving the name across the network.
- The error may be caused by the configuration of the network adapter card on the affected computers as discussed in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- 325487 - How to Troubleshoot Network Connectivity Problems