How do I hide a Directory and Resource Administration server from the drop-down list?
Directory and Resource Administrator 6.60
Directory and Resource Administrator 7.x
To unregister a Directory and Resource Administrator (DRA) server so it will not show up in the drop-down list for Assistant Admins (AA) to select from, perform the following steps on the DRA servers that you want to exclude in the list. You will have to run this command for each DC in the environment and from each DRA server that you want to unregister.
- Launch a command prompt on the DRA server.
- Change directory to C:\Program Files\NetIQ\DRA.
- Execute the following command:
EaAgentUtil /unregister DC_name domain_name Domain\userid
(Note: userid is an account with Domain Admin rights.)
- The following syntax will be returned by this command:
EaAgentUtil V1 (c) Copyright 1995-2001 NetIQ Corp.
All rights reserved.
Enter password for <domain\userid> : (once the password for the account is entered, you should see the following confirmation)
Unregistering <domainname> from the DRA agent on <domaincontroller> ...
This DRA server has been unregistered from the agent.
- Repeat the above steps specifying each Domain Controller name in the environment.
There are two instances where you will have to re-run the eaagentutil /unregister command:
1. If someone connects to the DRA server that you unregistered and goes into Configuration | Administration server options | NetIQ DRA agent and selects refresh agents now.
2. If the MCS Onepoint Admin Service is restarted on the DRA server that was unregistered.