How do I change which agent is monitoring a specific endpoint?
VigilEnt Security Manager 4.1
VigilEnt Security Manager 4.0
In VigilEnt Security Manager 4.1, you now have the ability to change which agent is monitoring an endpoint without deleting and recreating the endpoint. Please follow the steps below to change which agent is monitoring an endpoint:
- Launch 'VigilEnt Security Operations Center', logging in as an account with administrative privileges.
- In the left tree view, expand the Agents and Adapters | OS node located under IT Assets. You will want to expand the nodes so that you can see the specific agents in the left tree view.
- In the left tree view, expand the Managed Groups node located under IT Assets.
- In the left tree view, browse to the specific folder containing the endpoint you wish to make the change.
- In the right pane, right-click the specific endpoint and drag the endpoint on top of the agent located in the left tree view.
- Release the right mouse button and select Move Here from the menu.
The endpoint will now be monitored by the new agent.