VigilEnt Security Agent for Windows 3.2
Error: 'Error generating report:could not connect to the host'.
The Microsoft Patch Level Query report in Vigilent Security Manager returns an error.
The Patch Level Query report requires the VSANT Components to be installed on all target machines.
VSANT Components: Contains software components required for certain agent functionality.
VSANT Components must be installed on all computers against which the following reports are to be run:
? Port Scan
? Microsoft Patch Level Query
? all password-related reports
Deploy the Vigilent Security Agent Components to the target machines.
- Begin remote deployment from VigilEnt Security Manger by right clicking the endpoint and selecting Deployment\Windowsinstall OR from the Start menu: Programs |Windows Agent |Remote Deployment and select Next.
- On the "Software Components to Install on Target Computers" screen, expand the VSANT tree and select VSANT Components. Click Next.
- Select the domain of the target computer and type in a valid userid and password that has local administrator authority on the target machine.
- Select Next to accept the installation location or select the arrow and change the location.
- The "Verify Selections" screen appears. Verify the installation information is correct and select Next to begin install.
- "VSANT Components" are now installed on the proxy machine.