Exchange Migrator 2.x
ADC is not replicating the source Custom Recipient created by Exchange Migrator.
When you migrate a mailbox from Org A to Org B with the following options selected in Step 3, then Exchange Migrator will hide the source mailbox and create a source CR to maintain mailflow.
- Hide Source mailboxes from the source global address list
- Create custom recipients in source when migrating objects
Since Exchange Migrator has hidden the source mailbox, ADC replicates this to the source E2K site2. In effect, everyone in the source E2K site2 can no longer view those mailboxes in the GAL. One would assume the source CR that was created during the mailbox migration would get replicated by ADC to the source E2K site2 so it would be visible. This however, does not happen because the CR creation process pulls over the ADC-Global-Names attribute from the mailbox that was hidden. Since there are conflicting ADC-Global-Names, ADC assumes that it has already replicated the CR and does not replicate it again.
The workaround is to make the following EMA database entry.
- Backup the EMA database with Standard Microsoft SQL Enterprise Manager techniques.
- Expand the EMA database via Microsoft SQL Enterprise manager.
- Highlight Tables.
- Right-click the PropMappingOmit table.
- Go to Open Table | Return all rows.
- Scroll down to the end of the rows.
- Add this information in the next blank row: In the idPropMapping column type in "14" (without the quotes). In the Property column add "msexchADCGlobalNames" (without the quotes).
- Exit out of Microsoft SQL Enterprise Manager. You may want to go back into the PropMappingOmit table and verify that the entry saved correctly.
- Run a test migration to be sure that ADC replicates the CR correctly.
Now the CR creation process will not copy the ADC-Global-Names entry from the hidden mailbox during the mailbox migration, and the CR will not replicate to the source E2K site2. For objects that are already affected, clear the ADC-Global-Names property on the CRs created in the source site.
Exchange 5.5 Organization A with Exchange 5.5 Site1 and Exchange 2000 site2 with ADC replicating objects two ways.
Exchange 2000 Organization B