NetIQ VigilEnt Policy Center 4.x
NetIQ VigilEnt Policy Center 5.x
How do I import a document as a policy in to VigilEnt Policy Center?
What is the recommended process to follow when importing a document in to VPC?
To import a policy document, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Administration Site and select the Policy Center tab.
- Click View/Edit Policy. The View/Edit Policy page is displayed.
- From the Draft tab and click Import a document. The Import Document page is displayed.
- Select the file type from the drop down list.
Enter the path to the document or browse to it in the File field.Enter the title of the document in the Title field.Enter the Author's name in the Author field. (note this does not have to be a valid Active Directory account)Type a version number in the Version field. In the Policy Owner field, type the name of the person who is responsible for information contained within this document. In the Approved By field, type the name of the person who must approve this document before publishing it to the User Site. In the Key Words field, type any word(s) that relate to this document's topic. VigilEnt Policy Center's (VPC) search engine uses these words to locate the document when a user is performing a search. Separate the words with a comma. In the Available From and Available To drop down lists, select the date range that the document will be available to users when it is published. Click Import. The document is displayed in the View/Edit Policy page.
- If the document type is .xml, VPC imports the document name and author.
- If the document type anything other than .xml, the Import dialog box makes the Title and Author fields available.
Formerly known as NETIQKB26407
In older versions than those indicated in this article, the process may differ some what.