How do I set auditing options in VigilEnt Audit Manager for Sybase?
VigilEnt Audit Manager for Sybase 1.0
VigilEnt Audit Manager for Sybase 1.0 SR2
VigilEnt Audit Manager for Sybase 1.0 SP3
Enabling and keeping track of object auditing can become tedious work, especially with a large number of databases. The VigilEnt Audit Manager for Sybase Windows Console organizes databases and their objects so that you can set audit options on objects by clicking the mouse. Follow the steps below to set object auditing options.
To set object auditing options:
- Click the Audit Options menu located in the upper-left corner of the screen. A pull-down menu appears.
- Click Object. The Object Auditing Options window appears.
- Click the scroll-down arrow to the right of the Database field. A list of databases appears. Select the name of the database that contains the object you want to audit.
- Click the scroll-down arrow to the right of the Type field. A list of object types appears. Select the name of the object type you want to audit.
- Click Fetch. A list of objects appears in the Targets list.
- Select the object you wish to change auditing options for. The object is highlighted in blue.
- Optional. Click Get Options to display which options are enabled for the object in the Audit Options list.
- Click the white box in the Value list next to the option you want to change. Clicking on the mouse button toggles between on (both), pass, fail, and off.
- Optional. Select Confirm before setting options if you want to bring up a dialog box to confirm changes before you make them.
- When you are finished changing audit options for an object, click either Set All Options or Set New Options. Clicking Set All Options sets the audit values for all four audit options as they are listed. Clicking Set New Options sets the audit values for only the values you just changed, resetting the unchanged values to off.
- If Confirm before setting options is selected, a Confirm dialog box appears, listing the values you are about to change. Click OK. The dialog box disappears and the values are set. Otherwise, the values are set automatically.
- Click Close when you are finished modifying object auditing options.
If you are unsure where the object you are looking for is located, you can type the name of the object into the Search field, located directly under the Type field. Click Fetch to initiate the search.
The name of an option turns red when you change its value. This is to let you keep track of your most recent changes. As soon as you set options for the object, or view options for a different object, the red disappears.
You may clear all auditing options for a selected object by clicking Clear Options.