How do I grant several applications to a user at one time in VigilEnt Database Security Manager for Sybase?
VigilEnt Database Security Manager for Sybase SR2
VigilEnt Database Security Manager for Sybase 3.0
VigilEnt Database Security Manager for Sybase 3.5 SP3
Grouping of applications lets you grant several applications to a user or template at one time. Grouping of applications is accomplished through a drag and drop interface.
To create an application group, follow these steps:
- Select either Create or Manage from the Applications menu, or click the Create Applications icon. Depending on which option you select, either the Create Applications or Manage Applications dialog box appears.
- Click New Group. A small dialog box appears asking you to enter a group name.
- Type in a name for your group and click OK. Your group is added to [All Groups] in the Application Tree.
- Click the plus sign (+) next to [All Groups] to view the group names.
- Click the plus sign (+) next to [Applications] to view all of the available applications.
- Click the name of an application you wish to add to your group. While holding down the mouse button, drag the application name to your group name and then release the mouse button. The application is added to your group. You can alter the contents of any group of applications at any time with the mouse. Simply drag and drop applications in and out of the groups.
- Click Close when you are finished grouping applications.