How do I create an Application Rule in VigilEnt Database Security Manager for Oracle?
VigilEnt Database Security Manager for Oracle 3.3 SR3
To create aÂ new Application Rule, follow these steps:
- Select Rules from the Applications menu. The Application Rules dialog box appears.
- Select an application from the Application pull-down list.
- Select the server or servers that the application requires from the Servers list.
- Select the type of rule you want to create from the Rule Type pull-down list. Additional options appear, depending on the rule type you choose.
- Click Add. The Pick List dialog box appears displaying schema objects, roles and system privileges, or PeopleSoft tables. To limit the Pick List, specify a filter criterion in the Search Pattern field.
- Click the items you want to include in the rule. To select several items at the same time, hold down CTRL while you select your items.
- Click OK. Your rule appears in the rule list for the application.
- Click Close. The Application Rules dialog box closes.