How do I manually remove VigilEnt Policy Center if using the Add/Remove Program fails?
VigilEnt Policy Center 2.1x
VigilEnt Policy Center 3.0
If the Add/Remove Programs wizard fails to remove VigilEnt Policy Center (VPC), you may perform the steps below to manually remove VPC:
- Using a command prompt,Â navigate to the install directory.Â By default, the install directory is C:\Program Files\Pentasafe\VigilEnt Policy Center\bin.
- From the directory, execute the following commands:
Java2Service -r PentaSafeVPC
Java2Service -r PentaSafeVPCAgent
- Run Regedit by clickingÂ Start | Run and by typing Regedit.
- Remove the following key and all of its values:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PENTASAFE\VigilEnt Policy Center
- If you are using IIS for serving up the Web pages, you will need to shut down the IIS Service and the Content Indexing Service.
- If you are planning to reinstall VPC later,Â back up the entire VPC directory before deleting it or rename it so that you can save time on the reinstall.
- Run the Add/Remove Programs wizard, select VigilEnt Policy Center and click Remove to remove the VigilEnt Policy Center entry.
- If you are using Microsoft SQL Server and you want to remove the VPC data, you must remove the PentaSafeVPC database, or whatever you may have renamed it to when you installed the application.Â You will also need to remove the vpc_user logon, or whatever you may have renamed it to when you installed the application.