Directory and Resource Administrator 6.60
Microsoft Windows 2003 Server
Error: 'Page cannot be displayed' received or blank right-hand pane displayed in the MMC If Directory and Resource Administrator is Installed on a .Net (Windows 2003) Server
If the Directory and Resource Administrator server and web components are installed on a Windows 2003 (.Net) server, the right side of the interface may display the following symptoms when attempting to launch the MMC console:
- Blank white pane.
- An error indicating that 'The page cannot be displayed'.
Launching the DRA Web Console may generate the following error message:
- 'The page cannot be displayed.'
These symptoms are a result of the default IIS configuration settings in Windows 2003. ASP pages are, by default, disabled in Windows 2003.
To enable ASP pages on a Windows 2003 server, please perform the following steps on the IIS server running the DRA Web Component:
- Launch Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Expand the server_name node.
- Select Web Service Extensions.
- Highlight Active Server Pages and click Allow.
- Expand the Web Sites node.
- Select the Default Web Site node.
- Select Properties from the Action drop-down menu.
- Select the Home Directory tab and click Configuration....
- Select the Options tab in the Application Configuration window.
- Ensure that Enable parent paths is selected.
- Ensure that VBScript is specified in the Default ASP language: field
- Click OK.
The following Knowledge Base article describes another issue that may occur when the DRA server component is installed on a Windows 2003 machine:
- NETIQKB28001: Assistant Admins are prompted for a username and password when launching the MMC or Web console and connecting to Directory and Resource Administrator server on a Windows 2003 machine.