How do I Configure VigilEnt Policy Center for Automatic User Authentication?
VigilEnt Policy Center 2.0.5
VigilEnt Policy Center 2.0.6 SR3
VigilEnt Policy Center 2.1
VigilEnt Policy Center 2.1 SP2
VigilEnt Policy Center 2.1 SP3
VigilEnt Policy Center 2.1 SP4
VigilEnt Policy Center 2.1 SP6
VigilEnt Policy Center 3.0
Once Microsoft IIS support is set, VigilEnt Policy Center (VPC) can be set to authenticate users through the Web server. This feature lets users who are authenticated against the
Windows NT or Windows 2000 domain, directly connect to the User Site without logging on again. Use the following steps to configure IIS for automatic
authentication. Be sure to perform the steps in VPC as well as on the IIS server.
To configure VPC for automatic authentication in VPC:
- Log on to the Administration Site.
- On the Administration tab, click Administration. VPC displays the Administration page.
- Click Options. VPC displays the Options page.
- Click Authentication, then click I want to use my Web server authentication mechanism.
- Click Update.
To configure VPC for automatic authentication on the IIS server:
- Open the Internet Services Manager.
- Right-click policy, then click Properties.
- Click Directory Security, then click Edit.
- Click Anonymous Access.
- If you are using Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, click NT Challenge/Response. If you are using Microsoft Windows 2000, click Integrated Windows Authentication.
- Click OK to close the Authentication Methods dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Policy Properties dialog box, then repeat these steps substituting the VpcAdmin directory for the policy directory. When you attempt to access the User Site through the IIS server, VPC does not display the logon page. VPC immediately authenticates your user account and provides access to the User Site Home Page.
Note:This function works only with Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher.