What are the Release Notes for VigilEnt Security Agent for NetWare 1.2?
VigilEnt Security Agent for NetWare 1.2
Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
VigilEnt Security Manager 3.0
VigilEnt Security Manager 3.0 SR2
VigilEnt Security Manager 3.0 SR1
Running VigilEnt Security Agent for NetWare 1.2 from VigilEnt Security VigilEnt Security Manager 2.3 Requires REGNW.BAT Patch.
You must install RegNW.bat (provided on the VigilEnt Security Agent for NetWare installation CD-ROM) on the VigilEnt Security Manager (VSM) 2.3 core services machine to update the VSM task Suite Wizard to the current VigilEnt Security Agent for NetWare configuration.
To Install the RegNW.bat Patch:
- Log on to the core services machine and make sure that VSM is not running.
- Insert the VigilEnt Security Agent for NetWare installation CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive.
- Select Start Â» Run, type drive:\RegNW.bat and press ENTER, where drive is the drive letter of the CD-ROM drive. The batch file installs the patch.
- Manually restart the ?VigilEnt Core Services? service.
To do this in Microsoft Windows 2000:
- Select Start Â» Settings Â» Control Panel Â» Administrative Tools Â» Services to open the Services control panel.
- Right-click the ?VigilEnt Core Services? row to display the service control options.
- Click Restart to restart the service.
To do this in Microsoft Windows NT 4.0:
- Select Start Â» Settings Â» Control Panel, then double-click the Services icon to open the Services control panel.
- Select the ?VigilEnt Core Services? row, click the Stop button.
- Click the Start button to restart the service.
Running VigilEnt Security Agent for NetWare 1.2 from VigilEnt Security Manager(VSM) 3.0 Requires VSM Service Release 2.
If you are using VSM 3.0, you must install VSM SR-2. Installing VSM SR-2 automatically installs SR-1. The service release and installation instructions are available in your VSM product kit.If you are using VSM 3.1, it is not necessary to install this service release.
The context.pol file no longer specifies tree names. VigilEnt Security Agent for NetWare runs on the tree where you are logged in.
If you want to change the tree:
- Right-click the NetWare icon in your quick tray, click Set Tree.
- Select a tree.
- Click Set Primary.
Performing Actions on Multiple Users
VigilEnt Security Agent for NetWare 1.2 does not support performing actions (or ActiveAudit features) on more than one user at a time. For example, if you want to change the password for several users, you cannot select multiple users and then select Change Password in VSM. You must perform the change password sequence individually for each user. If you do not have the VSA for NetWare installation CD-ROM, you can also find RegNW.bat in the VSAN directory on the VigilEnt Security Agent for NetWare host machine.
New Format for PASSWORD.POL File
The password.pol file has different settings than the version of password.pol that is documented in the User Guide. See the comments in the password.pol file for information about the new settings.
The new settings that are allowed in password.pol include the following:
- none?no password cracking .
will be performed.
- fast?check for null passwords and password = username (default setting).
- full?check for null passwords, password = username, and dictionary (or weak) passwords.
New CACHE.POL File
The cache.pol file configures the settings for the new cache feature. If a new request is made for a report within the time that the report is cached (default is 1 hour), the agent returns the cached report rather than generating a new report.
To set a different cache value:
- Open the cache.pol file in a text editor and change the value. The syntax for cache.pol is N units, where N is a value and units can be minute, hour, or day. For example, 3 hour sets the cache to time-out in 3 hours.