Directory and Resource Administrator 6.50
Directory and Resource Administrator 6.60
Warning message 'You are trying to manage more objects than DRA is licensed for'.
DRA is counting more mailboxes than the customer is licensed for and is generating the message that 'You are trying to manage more objects than DRA is licensed for'.
The cause of this issue is due to how Active Directory Connector is configured.
This issue is corrected in Directory and Resource Administrator (DRA) 7.0 and later. Upgrade to the latest version of DRA to resolve this issue.
ADC can be configured in a variety of different ways. If a customer says that DRA is counting too many mailboxes, check the following:
- When was the MCS Admin Service last Started. DRA only does a Exchange 5.5 mailbox count during when the service is starting.
- How many mailboxes are counted by DRA in MCSAdminSvc_Startup.mc8 log?
- How many recipients are in the Exchange 5.5 GAL? Are some of the recipients hidden? Go to View->Hidden Recipients in Exchange 5.5 admin tool. How many are showing?
- Is the customer using ADC? If yes, which of the below configurations best matches the customer's ADC configuration.
- Are you creating users in Active Directory with Exchange 2000 mailboxes, and then running an ADC Connection agreement to create mailboxes in the Exchange 5.5 org?
- Creating mailboxes in Exchange 5.5, and then running an ADC connection agreement to create disabled user accounts with mailboxes in Active Directory?
- Creating mailboxes and user accounts (using 5.5 and AD) and running a 2 way agreement?
- When the customer pull up a user object that has an ADC-replicated mailbox, do you see 2 mailboxes for that user through DRA (Exchange 2000 and Exchange 5.5)?
- Is your Exchange 2000 server in the Exchange 5.5 Org? (This is the only way mailboxes are created by ADC. )