Directory and Resource Administrator 6.x
Directory and Resource Administrator 7.x
A newly created Trust Relationship is not being reflected in Directory and Resource Administrator MMC.
The cause of this issue is because a Domain Cache Refresh has not been run yet.
When a new trust relationship is created for a managed domain, the change will be reflected in Directory and Resource Administrator after the scheduled Domain Cache Refresh. A Domain Cache Refresh collects information pertaining to the configuration of managed domains. It includes the names of new trusted domains as well as domain controllers that have come online since the previous domain cache refresh. This cache refresh type is new to DRA 6.3 and above. By default the Domain Cache Refresh is scheduled to run every 4 hours.
In order to run a Domain Cache Refresh manually, please perform the following steps:
For DRA 6.x
- Launch the Directory and Resource Administrator MMC interface, while logged in as an Assistant Admin, with at minimum, Built-in Configuration Role
- Select Administration server options under the Configuration node
- Click Domain Cache
- In the Server Options property window, make sure the Domain Cache tab is selected
- Click Refresh now
- Click OK on the Information dialog box
- Click OK to close the Server Options property page
For DRA 7.x
- Launch the Directory and Resource Delegation and Configuration Console, while logged in as an Assistant Admin, with at minimum, Built-in Configuration Role
- Select Update Administration Server Options under the ConfigurationManagement node
- Click Domain Configuration
- Click Refresh Now and click OK
Once the above steps have been completed, perform the following steps to verify that the newly created trust relationship has been reflected in DRA:
- Select Managed and trusted domains under the Configuration node
- Highlight the managed domain in question and verify that the new trusted domain is listed below under the Trusted Domains section