Does Directory and Resource Administrator display the operating system of member computers in a managed domain?
Directory and Resource Administrator 6.60
Yes, Directory and Resource Administrator (DRA) displays the operating system loaded on any member computer in the Active Directory domain that it has administrative access to. To display this information, please perform the following steps:
- Launch the DRA MMC interface as an Assistant Admin in an ActiveView, with the power to View Computer Account Properties on a given member computer.
- Expand All my managed objects under the My ActiveViews snap-in node.
- Select Computer views, enter the name of a computer account in the Search field and click Search.
- Select the needed computer account and click Properties.
- Select the Operating System tab.
The screen will display the operating system name, version and service pack number of that machine.
For an NT domain the information, in regards to the operating system of a machine, is held in the Browser Service. If a machine is hidden from the browser service or is offline, the operating system may not display correctly.