Which server does the Directory and Resource Administrator Reporting Tool connect to when running an import?
Directory and Resource Administrator 6.x
Directory and Resource Administrator 7.x
When running the import process, the Directory and Resource Administrator (DRA) reporting tools will use the NetIQ DRA agent to be directed to the DRA server. You can manually specify the DRA server that the reporting tool will connect to by:
- Open the Directory and Resource Reporting Tool.
- Start an import by selecting Import... from the File menu.
- Select the domain in the Administration Server for Managed domains or system dropdown.
- Click Display Administration Connection Information (The gears next to the domain dropdown).
- Click Advanced...
- Select the Connect to Specific Server checkbox and enter the DRA server in the form \\DRA_servername.
When specifying a different DRA server to connect to, when running the import with the above procedure, the reporting tools displays a warning message of "Changing Focus Domain or system requires you to change to a different import database. Are you sure you want to perform this action?" If yes is selected, a second database is created using the DRA servername (oarept-DRAservername.mdb) and the import information is imported into this database.