Directory and Resource Administrator 6.x
Directory and Resource Administrator 7.x
AD Populator is unable to create Exchange 2000 mailboxes.
Error: 'Facility: Win32, ID no: 8007203a, Microsoft CDO for Exchange Management' when trying to create mailboxes.
The cause of this issue is due to the requirements of AD Populator utility.
In order for the AD Populator to be able to create mailboxes, the Exchange 2000 server must be installed on a Windows 2000 domain controller (not a member server) and AD Populator must be run on that computer. The Directory and Resource Administration server must also be installed on the same machine.
From 6.3 release notes:
- For simplicity, AD Populator was designed to run in a demonstration environment consisting of a single Windows 2000 domain controller. If this is not the environment in which you will use AD Populator, please keep the following points in mind.
- If you choose to populate the WTS user account properties, and you are not running AD Populator on a domain controller, the WTS properties may not be populated.
- Do not attempt to mailbox-enable user accounts and mail-enable contacts and universal groups if Exchange 2000 Server (not just the Exchange 2000 management tools) is not installed on the computer where you are running AD Populator.If you do, you will receive an error message stating that AD Populator failed to create a mailbox and that the server is not operational. For this feature to work, Exchange Server 2000 must be installed on a Windows 2000 domain controller (not a member server) and AD Populator must be run on that computer.
- Support for Exchange 2000. If Exchange 2000 Server is installed on the computer where AD Populator runs, the customer can choose to mailbox-enable user accounts and mail-enable contacts and universal groups.
- AD Populator does not require that Microsoft Access be installed on the computer where you run AD Populator. However, you will need Access 2000 installed if you want to see that HR Demo updated the demo database