What does Exchange Migrator 2.21 Hotfix 21235 include?
Exchange Migrator 2.2 SP1 HF21235
This hotfix provides several important additions for Exchange Migrator:
* Support for migrations in international environments (see Remaining International Issues)
* Support for starting Outlook from the command line to process profiles
* Support for overriding the standard migration scenario that Exchange Migrator identifies
* Corrections for several potential problems. This hotfix ensures Exchange Migrator correctly performs the following actions and resolves any issues in these areas:
- Displaying all public folders available for migration
- Setting the permissions on source public folders for migrations within an organization using the "Update Source Public Folder Permissions" option
- Synchronizing directories that contain large distribution lists
- Enumerating mailbox stores with the same name in different Storage Groups on the same target Exchange 2000 server
- Updating profiles in English language environments when the Exchange Mailbox Server is on a different computer than the Exchange Public Folder Server
Remaining International Issues
A few issues remain for international migrations:
* If you plan to perform migrations in international environments, you must customize the database to use the correct language sort order. For more information, see NetIQ KB Article NETIQKB24380.
* If a profile has non-English characters in the name, Exchange Migrator might not display the profile as an option when selecting a source and target profile for the project in the Migration Options Wizard. If this occurs, rename the profile using only English characters and start the Migration Options Wizard again.
* IntraSite migration (migrating mailboxes from one server to another in the same site) is not currently supported in this hotfix.
* Profiles are not updated correctly in non-English language environments when the Exchange Mailbox Server resides on a different computer than the Exchange Public Folder Server.
Hotfix Dependencies and Requirements
This hotfix requires Exchange Migrator 2.2 Service Pack 1 and hotfix EM22100_Hotfix013716. Install Exchange Migrator 2.2 Service Pack 1 and hotfix EM22100_Hotfix013716 before installing this hotfix.
Installing this Hotfix
Before you install this hotfix, back up your migration database. To install this hotfix:
1. Be sure you have installed the prerequisites (see Hotfix Dependencies and Requirements).
2. Exit Exchange Migrator.
3. Run the EM22100_HotfixNETIQKB21235.exe file on each computer where Exchange Migrator is installed.
For more information, contact Technical Support at www.netiq.com/support.