Is there a way to remove an Assistant Admin's ability to view license information in the Directory and Resource Administrator MMC interface?
Directory and Resource Administrator 6.6
Yes. Directory and Resource Administrator 6.60 includes the capability to prohibit an Assistant Admin from viewing the licensing information in the DRA MMC. This is accomplished by creating a DWORD value in the registry on the DRA server. The following steps detail this process:
- Launch RegEdit.
- Navigate to the HKLM\Software\Mission Critical Software\OnePoint\Administration\Data\Modules\ServerConfiguration key.
- Open the Edit drop-down menu and select DWORD Value from the New submenu.
- Enter DontDisplayLicenseInMmc as the new value's name.
- With the DontDisplayLicenseInMmc value selected, select Modify from the Edit drop-down menu.
- Enter 1 in the Value data: field.
- Close RegEdit.
- Stop and then start the MCS OnePoint Administration Server service.
If this value is set to 1, the license information will not be available in the MMC because theMore Info... button on the DRA properties page is disabled. If the value is not present or is set to 0, the More Info... button and the license information is available.